Ideals tell an individual the what of life and capacities teach an individual the how of life.
A society that focuses on ‘capacity building’ without adequate attention to the ‘ideal’ for which it lives faces the prospect of mindless production, mindless acquisition, and a deepening sense of alienation from self. On […]Continue Reading →
If every individual makes an acquisitive career choice, then the consequences for society as a whole are quite disastrous. We are all aware of what happens when organizations and individuals are focused only on their personal benefits without looking at how society should benefit. Already, in the past years, there has been a […]Continue Reading →
How did America create its great universities? Through endowments. That too was high leverage money. That money went into endowments and endowments went into research. That research went into profound contributions and then it came back into society. That was the cycle and that was why that money had such a multiplier effect […]Continue Reading →
Philanthropy is about giving. That is the old paradigm: those with surpluses give to those with deficits. The new paradigm is: Bringing about a 5% shift in lakhs of people so that there is a huge contribution surplus in the society.
How? There is a need for a radical improvement in […]Continue Reading →
Purpose may take on many forms. For example, on one hand, it may be in the form of a specific externally-driven outcome, such as a target in a company. On the other hand, it may be a very deep inner purpose, such as working for the good of society.
The deeper […]Continue Reading →
- – How can careers be reframed?
- – What are the building block ideas of i-become?
- – Who is a contributor?
- – Why do organizations need contributors?
- – Why do we need "practitioners"?
- Contributive Careers: the building blocks
- How can organizations relook at careers?
- How to become a Contributor?
- How to make the right career choice?
- The Need for Contributors
- What is evolution in the context of career journeys?
- What is the value of 'becoming'?
- Who is a Contributor?
- Why is visibility required?