Contributors have both human values as well as functional effectiveness – They get the job done, but also do it the ‘right way’. A person, who has values but no effectiveness, is not useful. A person, who is very effective but doesn’t have values, is a very dangerous person.
How are contributors […]Continue Reading →
There are some people who are ‘natural’ in what they do. There is nothing forced, nothing artificial, because their being is flowing into function. For example, with Sachin Tendulkar: very often they say he is playing in ‘flow’. The word flow means that his ‘being is flowing into function’ (refer being […]Continue Reading →
There are three critical shifts that take place when we shift from ‘performing’ to ‘contributing’.
The first shift: “How I measure?”
In performance, one measures through ‘evaluation’; it is about ‘evaluating’ and ‘sifting’. In contribution, one measures through ‘evolution’; it is about ‘diagnosing’ and ‘evolving’. This allows […]
At the heart of contributorship, lies subservience to purpose.
For example, take the case of a person who may be very trustworthy, but cannot serve the purpose and act with integrity to that purpose in a way such that the purpose is greater than his/her ego. Such a […]Continue Reading →
If I define myself in terms of ‘what I do’, it locks me up into structures, hierarchies; into what the world is defining. While if I start defining myself at a deeper level, in terms of ‘who am I’, I am able to define myself in ways that give me meaning, satisfaction, and […]Continue Reading →
- – How can careers be reframed?
- – What are the building block ideas of i-become?
- – Who is a contributor?
- – Why do organizations need contributors?
- – Why do we need "practitioners"?
- Contributive Careers: the building blocks
- How can organizations relook at careers?
- How to become a Contributor?
- How to make the right career choice?
- The Need for Contributors
- What is evolution in the context of career journeys?
- What is the value of 'becoming'?
- Who is a Contributor?
- Why is visibility required?