Organizations no longer talk in terms of lifelong employment. The individual is for himself and the organization is for itself. The organization is focused on business outcomes and the individual has to worry about his own outcomes in life. So there is alienation between the individual and the organization. This is the foundational […]Continue Reading →
If every individual makes an acquisitive career choice, then the consequences for society as a whole are quite disastrous. We are all aware of what happens when organizations and individuals are focused only on their personal benefits without looking at how society should benefit. Already, in the past years, there has been a […]Continue Reading →
Individuals seem to have two broad attitudes with which they come to their careers.
One is an ‘acquisitive attitude’ or the ‘acquisitive career mindset’, in which an individual believes that the whole objective of his career is ‘to receive’, ‘to get’ for whatever he is doing: “I have to get higher […]Continue Reading →
The central challenge that industries face is not so much knowledge or competencies in terms of skills, capacities, etc. Competencies are imparted quite well in our country, through the educational system. Alternatively, people are also able to develop the necessary skills or competencies on the job. So, that is not really where the […]Continue Reading →
Current reality of the job market
Today if one takes a look at the job environment, in India, one notices that a large number of students are looking for jobs. Although there is a massive increase in the number of employment opportunities, especially in some sectors, […]Continue Reading →
- – How can careers be reframed?
- – What are the building block ideas of i-become?
- – Who is a contributor?
- – Why do organizations need contributors?
- – Why do we need "practitioners"?
- Contributive Careers: the building blocks
- How can organizations relook at careers?
- How to become a Contributor?
- How to make the right career choice?
- The Need for Contributors
- What is evolution in the context of career journeys?
- What is the value of 'becoming'?
- Who is a Contributor?
- Why is visibility required?