Any high-growth society is faced with the challenge of rapid capacity creation. By ‘capacity’ is implied ‘capacity to deliver’; not skills and qualifications. Put differently, India has qualified people but that does not necessarily mean that we have the capacity to deliver.
The challenge therefore is – How to scale up the […]Continue Reading →
Organizations no longer talk in terms of lifelong employment. The individual is for himself and the organization is for itself. The organization is focused on business outcomes and the individual has to worry about his own outcomes in life. So there is alienation between the individual and the organization. This is the foundational […]Continue Reading →
What employers want are people who will make a difference in the organization, who will contribute something, add value in the organization. Not people who are going to routinely work from morning to evening, doing whatever has to be done/ what they are told to do, take a fat salary and go home.
[…]Continue Reading →
Why is there e.g. a corrupt police force, a corrupt judiciary, with people behaving in whatever way they please? Why are there so many failures everywhere?
At the heart of the whole thing is the fact that we are an acquisitive society. There is a deep belief that one has to […]Continue Reading →
Philanthropy is about giving. That is the old paradigm: those with surpluses give to those with deficits. The new paradigm is: Bringing about a 5% shift in lakhs of people so that there is a huge contribution surplus in the society.
How? There is a need for a radical improvement in […]Continue Reading →
- – How can careers be reframed?
- – What are the building block ideas of i-become?
- – Who is a contributor?
- – Why do organizations need contributors?
- – Why do we need "practitioners"?
- Contributive Careers: the building blocks
- How can organizations relook at careers?
- How to become a Contributor?
- How to make the right career choice?
- The Need for Contributors
- What is evolution in the context of career journeys?
- What is the value of 'becoming'?
- Who is a Contributor?
- Why is visibility required?