It is possible for me to fulfill my vision of success only by answering the question: “How do I get there?” The answer to this question is essentially my vision of career.
The current vision of career is always some form of external growth – whether it is growth in money terms, bank balance, position, respect, fame, etc. These are external growth parameters on which success is measured.
As a contributor, the thing to do is to add one more measure. Ask yourself – “Is there an inner growth corresponding with the outer growth? Is my inner capacity to contribute, my inner strength, my inner vision of self, my inner sense of being – all growing consistently with my outer growth?”
Why should you not have a growth in your inner capacity with your outer growth? Can you think of one good reason why you should not have it? In fact, which person wants to be filled with acquisition on the outside, but an emptiness inside?
- The Need for Contributors
- Who is a Contributor?
- How to become a Contributor?
- Contributive Careers: the building blocks
- How can organizations relook at careers?
- What is evolution in the context of career journeys?
- Why is visibility required?
- How to make the right career choice?
- What is the value of 'becoming'?